Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Guys, remember we still have to eat the Tiramasu...

My cooking class, regardless of what the syllabus indicates, feeds me the biggest lunch of my week every Tuesday.  And even though my original professor is now out for the semester due to her pregnancy, we have a permanent substitute who more than makes up for this loss.  His name is Marco, and he intensifies boiling water.  The man knows how to cook, and furthermore makes me feel like I know how to cook! But the intensity was a little much at first, felt like I was on Hell's Kitchen that first day.

Last week I made saltimbocca, which is a veal cut with a slice of prosciutto on top, then fried with sage and served with a white wine sauce.  It's really no surprise to anyone in my class anymore when I get the difficult dish that deals with meat.  I've been assigned the meat dish since the second class meeting, and at this point I just go to the meat.  But this past week, I got stuffed tomatoes.  My friend and I (who is also put in the meat groups with me) were baffled.  What?! An EASY recipe? Seriously, the hardest thing we had to do was scoop out insides of the tomatoes.  Made a breadcrumb mixture to go in the tomatoes, and that was it. Here they are :)
We were so proud! We also had octopus in a tomato sauce; pasta with fried eggplant, tomato sauce, and dried ricotta cheese; eggplant parmesan; hand-made cannoli with ricotta cheese and chocolate; and of course those delicious tomatoes up there.  And after eating all that, Marco reminded us that we had tiramasu leftover from last week that we still had to eat.  SO MUCH FOOD. Good thing I don't have a class after that, otherwise I'd be snoozin for sure.  Here's our table:


Off to Capri, Sorrento, and Pompeii this weekend! Then next weekend, I'm headed to Padua, Italia! Then I'm going to CROATIA FOR EASTER :)) EEEEEEKKKKK!!!!

Buon appetito!
Rachael

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy! Capri, Sorrento, and Pompeii are gorgeous! And there's killer gelato.

    ReplyDelete