Friday, January 28, 2011

Exploring My City.. and jet lag recovery.

Planning to wake up at 8:00 and then really waking up at 11:30 would definitely classify as a fail.  But that's the reality that I was faced with today.  Anyway, today was amazing simply because of the amazing food I discovered (and that's a major part of this blog, right? The food! Mangia Mangia Mangia! NOM NOM NOM).  My two roomies and I simply set out and explore the city, only to discover a wonderful friendly cafe on our street, a delicious chocolate store, and a wonderful little shop with to-go food (but not like our to-go food!).  To make myself look a little less like a pig, I'd like to add that I walked up the Duomo today, and took amazing pictures, and did P90x.  So I earned my three tiny pieces of chocolate, thank you very much.

Ok, so now pictures of my finds!!
My dinner, consisting of delicious garlic chicken, and some salad with a salad dressing I'm still unsure of what it is.. but it tastes good, so yeah?

panino caprese... a slice of mozzarella, a leaf of lettuce, and a slice of tomato. Simple, Small, and So Good.

Chocolate! I tried one piece of the chili chocolate, one piece of balsamic vinegar, and one piece of hazelnut.  Hazelnut won, but all three are in good standing with me.  This place is right by some of my classes, so get used to pictures of this place. Just kidding! But seriously... 

Oh, and I totally ordered completely in italian at the chocolate place! SO even though I got off to a late start today, I found my way around Florence a lot, got one of my books, turned in some stuff, got some needed items at H+M, and went inside and on top of the Duomo.  Success at its finest! Now, this weekend in Rome will be crazy, and I have to get up at 5 tomorrow to catch my 6 o'clock train. Rome post to come... stay classy!

Buon Appetito! 
Rachael 

No comments:

Post a Comment