Friday, March 11, 2011

A Week of Culinary Delights

All the food I ate :) this class is my Tuesday lunch!
So, as everyone might have suspected, me following my strict dietary rules didn't exactly work out well. And by work out well, I mean all caution was thrown to the wind the minute I walked into cooking class on Tuesday. We had pesto (that's right, real ITALIAN pesto!), potatoes baked with mozzarella and prosciutto, meat stuffed with vegetables, pretty much the italian equivalent to mashed potatoes, and three different kinds of COOKIES! FINALLY SOME COOKIES. Sorry, I have a cookie fetish. We made one regular meringue cookie, one crunchy almond cookie sandwiched with dark chocolate, and one light meringue cookie that had a hazelnut chocolate sandwich filling.  Basically, a cookie smoooshed with nutella brownie batter. HEAVEN, dear readers, nothing short of HEAVEN. I saw God on Tuesday, in the form of that cookie. But my group had the meat with vegetables, which was the most time-consuming all intensive task. AGAIN. My professor is adorable, don't get me wrong, but I've been in the most labor-intensive, recipe-overload teams every time! It's pressure that I'm not sure I can handle!

Thursday night has also become a culinary adventure in and of itself! Cooking night at Lauren's, and this week's menu was Breakfast for dinner! scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes, banana pancakes with granola, chocolate chip pancakes, french toast, and fruit salad! Super tasty!! CHECK IT OUT:
So wonderfully deicious. And today, I found a smoothie place, that is exactly like Jamba juice. Words can't explain my excitement. I had a smoothie with cinnamon and cardamom, and it tasted like Christmas.

Anyway, midterms are this week, so my weekend consists of studying and studying and working out and studying and hopefully sleeping.  Then, however, it's off to Paris! and hopefully Dublin! SO EXCITED! I'll keep you posted with any other culinary finds! I'm sure after Paris I'll have an entire album dedicated to my food stuffs! Ciao!

Buon appetito!
Rachael


No comments:

Post a Comment