Friday, February 4, 2011

DONE

Surviving my first week of class in Italy? Check. 
On the down side, I have a TON of reading to do. The life of a history major, so it would seem.  Anyway, I hate to break it to you, dear readers, but this weekend will be an embarassingly boring one.  I'm up to my ears in laundry (because our washer had been "broken", but it turns out we just had the wrong settings.... I need to learn essential italian phrases like how to not cancel the spin cycle), I'm almost completely out of food, and my room is a mess.  Maintenance weekend for sure- good thing I've got three days to conquer my tasks. 

Last night though, was epic. Tried out this little restaurant down the street, turns out it's delicious and the waiters there are hilarious.  And then, my friends, the magic happened.  The magic that is the secret pastry shop of Florence. 

False! Blasphemy! Fiction! You may cry, but alas, my statement and heart are pure when I tell you of the wondrous secret pastry shop of Florence.  They're only open for two hours, and it's tucked away down a street with no signs or even a window to look through.  You have to be quiet though, or they'll turn you away.  You know you're there when  you see the lines of people (most of whom are drunk and are obnoxiously loud. Sheesh y'all, cut it out. I want my baked goods!) They open the door slightly, you tell them what you want, they come back with the tastiest thing you'll ever eat. And this experience will only cost you 1 euro.  

I indulged in a nutella croissant.  And that's all I can really say about that. 

I still feel like I dreamt that, but it is true! 

Oh, for the My life is awkward section, I couldn't figure out how to get out of the building where my last class was.  And some guy had to help me.  Oh, and an awkward moment for someone else, I watched two girls take five minutes to figure out how to use the door at the bank. They had to ask the polizia to help them.  

Buon Appetito! 
Rachael






No comments:

Post a Comment